forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: small probs, patch procedures
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:20:37 GMT
> From: Ian Atkin [mailto:ianatkin@blueyonder.co.uk]
>
>   just been tracking down small probs to learn the codebase
>
> found the following:-
> - status.xml and module.xml don't have antipede stylesheet links
> - tabs.xml has wrong doctype name (should be 'tabs', not 'book')

Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

> what's the situation regarding submission of patches?
> - i've learnt the "cvs diff -u" business, but what about naming the
> patch file?

The name is not relevant. You can use anyname.diff or anyname.txt as you
like.

> - crawled the xml & jakarta sites but IMO there's not much help

Ask here if you need any help.

> - do folks despise sending non-patch attachments (especially for
> "proposals" rather can actual changes)?

Attachments are not recommended in mailing lists, but in some cases it's Ok.
Proposal are usually send in a form of an attachment (I don't know if we
already have Bugzilla or Scarab accounts for patches)

> - anything else i should know?

Reading the mail archives will help you a little more.

Konstantin