forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: table tag in document v11
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:42:16 GMT
> From: Ross Gardler [mailto:ross@wkwyw.net]
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >
> > Bert Van Kets wrote:
> >

> >> Here's a snip of the table template in document2html.xsl
> >>   <xsl:template match="table">
> >>       <xsl:apply-templates/>
> >> No background color, no cellpadding or cellspacing alternatives :(
> >

> > Which effectively don't belong there.
> > They are not part of the content.
>
> I agree. I think that what we are really missing is the class
> attribute:
>
>    <xsl:template match="table">
>        <xsl:apply-templates/>
>    </xsl:template>
>
> Then colour, padding etc goes in CSS where it belongs.

+1. The 'class' attribute is needed on every [visual] element.
Another option to control the presentation of a specific element is to use
'id' attribute and define a #myclass CSS style using the 'id' as the name.

This again raises the question 'how a user can specify custom CSS file to be
used'.

Konstantin