forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Java Coding styles
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:29:28 GMT

I don't quite understand what does this mean.

"Each can learn from the different styles by working with different code. "
- what can you learn from a project where part of the files use one style
another set use other format?

How are you going to edit files in a format that you are not familiar with?
You'll have to either ignore the original format and use your own or will
think on every line to how format that one.
Here what Sun says:
"The importance and benefits of a consistent coding style are well known."

Konstantin