forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject What is a tab? (was: Re: sitemap issues)
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:59:43 GMT

On Thursday, July 11, 2002, at 10:59  AM, Steven Noels wrote:

> In terms of tabs and subsitemap pipelines which depend on core sitemap
> resources (skinit and the like), I believe we have some serious
> thinking to do, however: can you refer to a (root)map:resource from a
> (sub)map:pipeline?

It might help if we defined what we meant by a tab *first* before we
start making too many architectural decisions.

What is a tab?
  - Does it simply provide a way to organize content? If so, can
individual docs (linked to on the associated side menu) appear only
within a single tab "realm"? I'm not sure I want to say no. There are
many helpful ways to organize the same content.
  - Does it represent a mode of use of a document resource ( a web site,
a distro set, etc.) Modes might include learning, using, managing,
testing, etc. Again, can individual docs  (linked to on the associated
side menu) appear only within a single tab "realm"?

Other ideas?

Diana