forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tab Issues (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:22:09 GMT

On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 10:08  AM, Piroumian Konstantin wrote:

> But I have no idea on how one would create documentation locally.
> Should we
> ship Forrest as a single jar and place sitemaps inside of it, then
> access
> them using 'resource://' protocol? Just an idea...

Please start thinking of documentation targets. And not just a mere
build target -- there are issues throughout all levels of the
documentation architecture that need to address this. In other words,
please don't think that documentation for project's web sites (Forrest's
immediate goal, correct?) is the same a documentation for webapp
distribution. IMHO they are different and most of the problems I'm
having right now are directly related to the assumption that they are
one and the same.

There are many levels of this issue. Once Cocoon's web site is
Forrest-ready, I'm eager to tackle these distinctions in a systematic
way.

Diana