forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Separate CVS module for docs?
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:00:24 GMT
On Friday, July 12, 2002, at 11:31  AM, Steven Noels wrote:

> - let's first see what the separate cocoon-docs list produces
I don't see how this has *anything* to do with it.  I'm raising it as a
possibility in the hopes of making the lives of committers who work on
docs easier. The new docs list simply adds to the urgency of making doc
management easier. Already it feels easier for me to work with a version
of Cocoon's xdocs inside a Forrest CVS than inside Cocoon's current
CVS -- even if you aren't finished with it.

> - forrest's dtds, infrastructure, bot *and* 'webapp' can be inside
> forrest CVS IMO
Of course. I'm talking about having a Forrest instance, regularly
updated, inside a Cocoon docs CVS. Forrest is a Cocoon webapp. Why can't
a Cocoon docs framework be an instance of Forrest. Why does it have to
live only in Forrest CVS?

> - if and when we come up with a real webapp (live), I'd prefer to have
> a solution that puts the concern of holding the reference source for
> docs on a per-project level instead of moving this into the hands of
> one superproject/module
I don't understand what you mean by this.

> we (Marc & I) are working as we speak on remote project building
I don't see how this interferes with your work. Your remote project
facility won't work if Cocoon doesn't have Forrest-ready docs. This is a
*proposed* way to make them Forrest ready.

> let's see where *that* gets us before starting yet another
> thought-train ;-)
I'm ***not*** trying to start a separate thought train. Forrest
transition for Cocoon is an ongoing issue, not a new thread. I'm
proposing this as a more efficient path of Forrest transition speaking
on behalf of someone who is working hard to make that happen as well as
support Forrest in the process.

Diana