forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Build targets (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:47:28 GMT
Next, the build process.

<diana>
2. Build targets need to be added to address all of Cocoon's current
builds.
</diana>

<steven>
well... I have been planning (and postponing) to clean up the current
forrest build environment and *finally* support remote project
building - unfortunately, I will not be able to work on this before next
week.

Given that, there shouldn't be any adaptation necessary anymore.
</steven>

<david>
A while ago Ken said that he would attend to upgrading
Forrest's Centipede (which includes the Ant 1.5) to enable
the use of the scratchpad 'transform-v11' targets.
So be careful of effort overlap.
</david>

<steven>
The more I am looking at the current build system, the more I get the
feeling it is too much for what we are currently doing. I'd be happy if
Nicola patches it, even adding that new 'import' tag he is currently
advocating, but I want to move forward. I'm not so sure whether his and
my plans would conflict, but I'll keep everyone informed so that we can
minimize that risk.
</steven>

Clarification needed: What is the scope of "remote project building"? Is
it correct to assume:

1. Forrest's only concern is building Cocoon's web site, and it does
that remotely.
2. Cocoon continues with its own build environment (with some minor
modifications) to produce *all* other doc-related (e.g. user docs in the
distro) and other targets. In other words, Cocoon continues using just
Ant, not Centipede, at least for now.

Diana