forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject RE: Bert skin
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:34:57 GMT
At 10:52 30/07/2002 +0400, you wrote:
> > From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]
> >
> > <jokemode setting="on>
> > YES Sir, General SIR,
> > Corporal Van Kets reporting Sir.
> > I have taken out my toothbrush and polished the menu labels, Sir.
> > May I again take free use of my toothbrush, sir?
> > </jokemode>
>
><jokemode setting="default">
>[Forrest has finished assembling his rifle]
>Forrest Gump: DONE, DRILL SERGEANT!
>Drill Sergeant: GUUUUUUMP! Why did you put that weapon together so quickly,
>Gump?
>Forrest Gump: Because you told me to, Drill Sergeant?
>Drill Sergeant: Outstanding, Gump! This is a new company record! If it
>weren't such a waste of a fine enlisted man I'd recommend you for OCS! You
>are gonna be a general someday, Gump!
></jokemode>

FOCLMAO

>;)
>
>You'd say that I'm nitpicking, but in the original document the section
>labels where of a little different color and I like that more ;)

I like nit pickers as long as they are right in the remarks they make.
You are absolutely right, but could you give me some more info on the
document you are referring to?
If you are referring to
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-forrest/src/resources/layout/xml.apache.org/page.html?rev=1.2

the text is white, but the image is bleu.  Is this what you mean?

> > My actual grade in the army while doing my military service
> > was Corporal. ;-)
>
>You were in the army? AFAIK, we don't have such grade in Russia.

I was in the Belgian Army doing the obligatory military service.  I didn't
sign in or anything.  They made me corporal as soon as they could because
they wanted some guy to program for me and he was a private.  I had to have
a higher grade than him, so ...
I was trained to be a front liner and learned to shoot with a lot of
different guns.  That was the fun part, but apart from that, it's a wasted
year.  Luckily the military service is a volunteer thing now.

Bert