forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject testing Forrest development
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:17:30 GMT
I did some Forresting today and modified my Cocoon build script to Forrest.
The build time is FAST (12 seconds) compared to the build docs (2 min 49
seconds).  The trick is to use the webapp instead of the real documents.

The script is Windows only, but I'm sure *nix guys can convert it to their
favorite OS.
Here it is:

@echo off
@echo.
@echo Stopping Tomcat
@echo ---------------
call %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\shutdown.bat
@echo Has Tomcat stopped?
pause
@echo.
@echo Clearing forrest directory and work directory
@echo --------------------------------------------
rmdir /S /Q %CATALINA_HOME%\work\localhost
rmdir /S /Q %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\forrest
@echo.
@echo Backing up Forrest in Forrest.old
@echo --------------------------------------------
copy %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\forrest.war %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\forrest.old
del %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\forrest.war
@echo.
@echo Building Forrest
@echo ---------------
call build.bat clean
call build.bat -Dbuild.dir=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps webapp
cd ..
@echo.
@echo starting Tomcat
call %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat start
pause

Any comments or additions?  When this is complete I'll make up a "Working
with Forrest" doc.

Bert

Please notify me if you did not receive this mail.