forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <>
Subject Re: iText
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:22:22 GMT
At 17:55 23/07/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Bert Van Kets wrote:
>>I saw that iText can use tables and relative image links without any problem.
>>Isn't it worth to check out iText in Forrest.  iText is also not as
>>memory hungry as FOP.
>>What are your experiences with iText PDF generation?
>Users have always been talking well about iText.
>If you have time/will, it would be cool to try out the new iText
>Serializer that's in Cocoon.

I got as far as compiling todays Cocoon CVS HEAD. ;-)
It seems the syntax of iText is entirely different from anything we used
before, but it seems to be rather complete.  I need PDF generation for a
project I'm working on, so I will check it out.
If all goes well I'll get as far as document2iText.xsl.