forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: table tag in document v11
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:17:38 GMT
At 17:54 23/07/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Bert Van Kets wrote:
>>I'm using Forrest to generate a small site.  It's a good test for the
>>whole concept.
>>The biggest problem I'm having is with the document2html.xsl, specially
>>the table tag.
>>The table attributes are fixed in the tag!!  Therefor I would like to
>>propose the following:
>>Leave every (most) regular xhtml tag alone and create our own tags for
>>the specific cases.  We have done so for most cases (link, fork, title, ...).
>>This will alow the users a lot more flexibility when they want to use
>>their own layout without having to rewrite the document xsl.
>>I had to delete the table tag all together.
>
>How the heck are you going to validate this?
>I'm against anything that is not predefined.
>There is no need to keep loose; please post an explicit example so that we
>can evaluate it.

ATM there is no validation of the xdocs files AFAK.  Here's a snip of the
table template in document2html.xsl
   <xsl:template match="table">
       <xsl:apply-templates/>
No background color, no cellpadding or cellspacing alternatives :(

If you want true control you have to get the validation running and remove
the   <xsl:template match="node()|@*" priority="-1">.  Shoot me if I'm
wrong.  Don't take too big a gun ;-)

Bert