forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: [Poll] Scope confusion?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 06:23:17 GMT
At 08:53 7/07/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>thanks to various remarks from Joerg, Diana and Nicola, I have been
>thinking lately that we have three slightly different goals for Forrest.
>
>* xml.apache.org: cross-project website generation with project metrics
>(download stats) and common documentation sections
>* remote doco building for subscribed projects, Gump-like fashion
>* a documentation environment for individual projects which need a solid
>framework for local docs generation, and distro docs packaging (think of
>PDF here)
>
>Looking at it, it seems like we could manage supporting this three-fold
>goal if we step back and recomponentize the different aspects.
>
>But first, I want a general feeling for your private itches. So if both
>users, committers and lurkers could step up and tell us what their main
>interest in Forrest is? Thanks!
>
>           =====================================================
>                                  Ballot
>
>           My main interest in Forrest is:
>
>             [X] building xml.apache.org next generation
>             [X] Gump-style remote doco building
>             [X] industrial strength documentation framework

As the question is what my PERSONAL interest is in the project, I have to
take the last one.  That's where I will promote and use the project in our
company and to customers.
As I'm also using Forrest to generate "static" html sites and uploading
these to non-dynamic servers, I must mark the second one too.
Creating a better web is one of my goals in life, so I must mark the first
one too.

Hope this answers your question (but I guess it doesn't solve your problem).

Bert