forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: live latest version of the forrest website
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:38:13 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I set up an Alias directive on outerthought.net pointing to the local
> build directory of the new forrestbot.
>
> We now have two hourly static versions of the site:
>
> * http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/ using the old forrestbot by Nicola
> and scp for file transfer
> * http://outerthought.net/forrest/ using the new bot by Marc, local
> deployment through a simple file copy and scp to Krysalis
>
> The old bot runs on 0:00,2:00,4:00 etc hours, the new one alternatingly
> on the hour. The new one also updates the Krysalis site using scp, so
> this one remains updated every hour.
>
> Soon, I will have the main page of outerthought.net deployed using the
> new forrestbot - we'll need to install external skin support for that.
>
> Remaining challenge is of course regular automated publication of our
> reference Apache presence at http://xml.apache.org/forrest/, but as long
> as the only officially endorsed update mechanism for that is CVS upload,
> we'll have to live with our two guerilla sites :-)
>
> Given some testing, and because Marc plans to refactor the main
> build.xml anyhow, I suppose we will move away from the old bot RSN

Cool :-)

> anyone hard feelings?

I love my girlfriend :-)

> ps: now that Marc will be able to commit his stuff himself, I'll be able
> to work more on the DTDs again :-)

:-D

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and will be away for a week.
After that I'm still on vacation from paid work but at home, eager to
hack like crazy :-)

Beware, if I don't find the new XHTML-friendly DTDs when I come back I
will be very mad ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -