forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject live latest version of the forrest website
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:22:58 GMT
Dear all,

I set up an Alias directive on outerthought.net pointing to the local
build directory of the new forrestbot.

We now have two hourly static versions of the site:

* http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/ using the old forrestbot by Nicola
and scp for file transfer
* http://outerthought.net/forrest/ using the new bot by Marc, local
deployment through a simple file copy and scp to Krysalis

The old bot runs on 0:00,2:00,4:00 etc hours, the new one alternatingly
on the hour. The new one also updates the Krysalis site using scp, so
this one remains updated every hour.

Soon, I will have the main page of outerthought.net deployed using the
new forrestbot - we'll need to install external skin support for that.

Remaining challenge is of course regular automated publication of our
reference Apache presence at http://xml.apache.org/forrest/, but as long
as the only officially endorsed update mechanism for that is CVS upload,
we'll have to live with our two guerilla sites :-)

Given some testing, and because Marc plans to refactor the main
build.xml anyhow, I suppose we will move away from the old bot RSN -
anyone hard feelings?

ps: now that Marc will be able to commit his stuff himself, I'll be able
to work more on the DTDs again :-)

</Steven>