forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: general questions
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:45:31 GMT
Ian Atkin wrote:

> seems like a lot of re-use/duplication across skins, i'm going to have a
> think about this

David seems to be readying himself to nuke the forrest-site skin and
install bert as the default - so don't overdo it

>> do you want me to change the faq, then? :-)
>

> no i'll do a patch, it'll be good practise - maybe add a few more
> questions/answers?

yes, please!

>> honestly - forrest-site should disappear and be replaced with the bert
>> skin
>>
>>> - the code assumes your building to a web served filesystem that
>>> copies xml.apache.org's filespace (tab2menu.xsl prefixes links with
>>> '/forrest/', for example which breaks the tab links)
>>> - any first timer doing a "./build.sh docs" probably won't be
>>> outputing to such a place
>>> - i spent ages not fathoming that tab link bug because i assumed that
>>> forrest-site was the default
>>

>> we are aware of this hack and will be addressing it somewhere-in-time
>

> i'll have a go if you like

yes, please

> nah, i'd like to work on this one - should autogen the info from
> filesystem parse, layout.xml and hand written comments
>
> would this be more of a krysalis thing?

have a look at libre, maybe, it does similar things but no-one has set
up a decent example with it

<snip/>

>> BTW: how did the Docbook/Anakia thing worked out?
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=102163831015776&w=2
>

> it kind of went to sleep, i realised i knew nothing about apache folks'
> attitudes and tools so started reading + thinking
>
> also nearly all my 'puting stoped during the world cup, :-)
>
> i did get a docbook2anakia xslt script from dion, with the main interest
> of inverting it, perhaps it's time to wake this one up?

anakia & forrest are trying to cover the same area, anakia is jakarta,
forrest xml.apache.org - basically you'll have to choose :-) (just kidding)

</Steven>