forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [patch][wip] more partial work done on templates.build.xml
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:59:08 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:

> hoping to finalize this evening, in the mean time there is another quick and
> early to look at
>
> mainly because I currently don't have the setup for the deploy.scp testing
> (which is copying what nicola and steven have setup for the forrest on
> krysalis)
> could someone check if that is OK?

will do & report back to the list

<snip/>

> the new stuff then:
> - local get-src and deploy
> - deploy scp
> - testing on 2 parallel projects (fun to see the <parallel> of ant work so
> well
> - check yourself with build clean bot
>

> questions:
> - for the log: we're now delegating to work.projectname by using <antcall>
>   (since it is in the same file)... I'ld like to change that to <ant> so I
>   can dump the log via the @output.
>   See no reason why it shouldn't work.  A sendlog will just send the log
>   to wherever the forrestbot.conf.xml is saying (any ideas on where to put
> it
>   there, I was thinking @sendlogto on the <project>

fair enough - will sending logs will only be for failed builds?

> - as stated above: can someone check the scp stuff

as stated above: I will :-)

> - who and why would consider it usefull that one configured <project>
>   would have more then one <get-src> and more then one <deploy>

more urgently perhaps: supporting project-owned skins? otherwise, we
will have to check-in our outerthought skin in Forrest CVS ;-)

<snip/>

> which reminds me: todo for checking out based on branch

yep, a cocoon requirement

> upcoming work (more wip)
> - provide deploy.cvs template
> - refactor build.xml to use the _templates_
> - write a document on TheContract for people to use forrest
>   (not like the primer explaining, more a checklist, Bert can maybe
>    incorporate in his effort?)

I'll see what I can contribute... I'm currently postponing announcement
on general@xml.apache.org until we have forrestbot v0.1 finished and
some docs written up - Bert, what is your schedule on this?

> - double-check the todo's just about everywhere around
> - check on the 'clean' requirement david posted in another thread.
> - more comments in the config2work.xsl needed
> - check on cvs checkout based on branch
> - check on cvs checkout cache
>

> dream future:
> - Ian's discussion on other DTD's might be opened up to 'extending the
> contract'

See my following mail - we'll have to do some Cocoon coding for this

>   Looking at the build process now: I hope we could snap in new or extend
> existing
>   workstage-templates easily to gain in flexibility while retaining the ease
> of use

nice work, Marc

</Steven>