forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: table tag in document v11
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 22:41:26 GMT

J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> BTW, why not use <a> like in XHTML?
>> IT brings us closer to XHTML...
>
> Tsk, tsk. What about generating a PDF book from a directory
> or a set of directories?

Sure. But what does this have to do with the above :-?

> How do you decide whether the target
> of a link is internal or external, which *is* actually
> important in this case?

Already discussed, we use attributes.

> If you want to be "closer to XHTML", why not actually use
> XHTML instead of document-vxy.dtd?

Already discussed, it's because of semantics (ie !<font> and friends).
We need a subset of XHTML to be included in our book framework (title,
header, sections, etc...)
We could use maybe a part of XHTML as w3c suggests and reccomends, but
this is still being investigated.

HElp on this part is highly appreciated :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -