forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Scarab in use...
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:11:29 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> I'm not sure if you Scarab is actually in use at present or not.
> However, I assume you want to at least test it out, ready for full use,
> so I am using it even if no-one else is (let me know if you'd prefer I
> sent stuff directly to this list).

Ross,

I have been bugging scarab-admin@apache.org (Jason Van Zyl and Daniel
Rall basically) for some time recently, and it appears Scarab won't be
readily available in the next few days - apparently he intends to move
Scarab away from Nagoya on a private machine.

I have Scarab up & running for local purposes, and I must say it is
quite some strange thing to configure... I'm awaiting the beta 9
release, too. What worries me more, is that Jason told me there were
tight links between Scarab & SourceCast (the commercial ASP offering
from Collab.net) - now I haven't been discovering those since I
installed Scarab myself, but I'm certainly no Turbine guru so I can't
judge for myself - and I tend to believe Jason on this.

If we really need something along the lines of an issue tracking system,
Jason indicated he would go for Bugzilla, for now.

About sending mail directly to the list instead: yes, please do so.

</Steven>