forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject DTD documentation issues, collapsing commits etc
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:36:57 GMT
We are currently experiencing strange problems w.r.t. the generated DTD
docs: on the Linux platform (where forrestbot runs),
http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/document-v11.dtdx.html and
http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/howto-v10.dtdx.html are the same
document, whereas on my W2K/CygWin system, a local ./build docs yields
different docs, as it is supposed to do. I don't know since when this is
happening, I'm suspecting the jar update operation to be the main cause
since it has caused quite some depreciation errors on libre and nekodtd,
too.

1) we'll see what we can do to solve this (and the depreciation errors)
2) prior to updating jars on which we depend, we should validate whether
doing so doesn't cause too much problems and inform the original author
of upcoming patch work :-<

the crash course CVS updates of the last few days could have been done
in a more coordinated way, IMO - can't we at least 'claim' on the
mailing list some work area and inform others that work is in progress?
Forrest has a small CVS code base, which means there's good chances that
we step on each other toes working on the same files for different
purposes. A quick mail to the list could prevent this.

</Steven>