forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: table tag in document v11
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 06:27:28 GMT
Piroumian Konstantin wrote:

>>From: Ross Gardler [mailto:ross@wkwyw.net]
>>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>>Which effectively don't belong there.
>>>They are not part of the content.
>>
>>I agree. I think that what we are really missing is the class
>>attribute:
>>
>>   <xsl:template match="table">
>>       <xsl:apply-templates/>
>>   </xsl:template>
>>
>>Then colour, padding etc goes in CSS where it belongs.
>

> +1. The 'class' attribute is needed on every [visual] element.
> Another option to control the presentation of a specific element is to use
> 'id' attribute and define a #myclass CSS style using the 'id' as the name.

Being a lazy person, I was thinking of adding it to all elements :-)

Or let me quickly run through
http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/document-v11.dtdx.html and see what
"visual" (=XHTML?) elements we have in there:

  - br
  - code
  - dd
  - dl
  - dt
  - em
  - img
  - li
  - ol
  - p
  - strong
  - sub
  - sup
  - table
  - td
  - th
  - tr
  - ul

Is this the full list? I'll patch those adding a class attribute, then.

> This again raises the question 'how a user can specify custom CSS file to be
> used'.

Should be made part of a custom skin, IMO.

</Steven>