forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: scratchpad won't compile, help!
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:31:38 GMT
Ian Atkin wrote:

(some more time now - happy to hear you're up & running now)

> PS
> - my main interest is to integrate forrest and docbook, maybe come up
> with an 'apachebook' or something

a popular question these days

> - i've always hated the 'chunking' parts of docbook (for sets, books and
> alike) but i highly rate the block-level markup, paramterised/modular
> DTD's and stylesheets

there's still plenty to be done on the DTDs, I haven't been able to put
in as much time as I wanted to do

> - not interested in shoving docbook down anyone's throats, but docbook
> is mature and i see no reason to re-invent the wheel, perhaps trim it
> down or steal the best practise by the bucket

well, some of our potential users have already docs in docbook format,
so a nice transition/integration path would be welcome

> - any ideas on how to approach this? anything forrest really needs more
> urgently while i learn the codebase?

serious contributors ;-)

seriously: I still want to reshuffle the elems/attrs across the DTD
modules in a more balanced way, moving more of them into
common-elems-v10.mod instead of keeping them inside document-v11.mod

if you manage to grasp the modularity of docbook, I'm pretty sure this
isn't much of a challenge for you, then ;-)

welcome!

</Steven>