forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [WIP] New Forrest main() and <forrest> task
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:40:05 GMT
Looking at Cocoon's Main, it's clear to see that to attain maximum
compatibility with any sitemap, the Cocoon is called three times per
page and takes a lot of time to crawl links.
Also many users ask for a forrest ant task to be able to use forrest
nicely in ant buildfiles.

Because of this I'm working on a Forrest Main class that will make some
optimizations based on what we know Forrest sitemap does:
1) links are attributes
2) these attributes are known beforehand
3) We can put aspecial transformer in the sitemap to get links while
generating content (1 pass link retriving)
4) each file request generates an output file: we can keep track of
these relations and check timestamps for skipping regeneration where
possible.
5) it will be an Ant task that can thus have properties set nicely.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -