forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xdocs Standards
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:31:11 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>>
>>Then join forrest-dev@xml.apache.org .
>>Libre generates stuff automatically as part of the gen
>>process, so that
>>it can enhance book.xml-like stuff.
>
> Yet another mailing list?!?
>
> I have to unsubscribe from some others first....

hehehe

>>In which way "Libre markup is ugly"?
>
> It looks like a programming language marked up in XML as
> opposed to the genuine simplicity of book/project style
> declarations.
>
> Can't Libre be altered to work with project.xml (what is
> in the menu.xml files)?

I don't see what project.xml has that is so cool, except different
markup names...

I'm ccing forrest list so that our libre experts can reply better than me.

BTW, what about changing tags so that we get nearer to the new Anakia
Maven format?

For example, have a instead of link, as XHTML does.
This can help authors write in XHTML and convert to our DTD, or use
XHTML editors or the browsers' edit mode more easily.
This goes along with easier usage for long time HTML people and getting
nearer to the modularized XHTML that was proposed.

Thoughts?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -