forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: sitemap issues
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:10:13 GMT
Piroumian Konstantin wrote:

> So, as I could get, you are proposing to have some predefined sections (like
> 'FAQ', 'Download', 'Docs') which are controller by their subsitemaps and
> have an additional automounting pipeline for other directories in the root
> context?

I think most of the sections will be automounted - liberty and
configurability will attract more users than putting a singular
problem-solving perspective in the hands of the user. Let's assume they
will start with some modest requirements that can be served by a root
sitemap, and give them the ultimate liberty using automount for stuff we
can't/won't support. We can't decide for everybody what the ideal
structure of their documentation needs to be - we should support creativity.

> Can we concider that every directory in the root context is a 'tab'?

I was thinking along those lines too, but maybe that's a bit too
narrow-minded (and bad SoC in general) We should look at those tabs as
'perspectives', I think, as in the original samples:
http://www.apache.org/~stefano/forrest/1.5/ and what is inside proposals
in CVS.

<snip type="agree"/>

>>What do you think? If we don't start cleaning up the sitemap
>>RSN, we're
>>heading for a trash dump :-)
>

> I won't point you to the message where I've said this very thing using
> slitghly different words, but seems that you got it at last ;)

Neither will I comment again on the insanity put forward in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=102252513231595&w=2 ;-)

You see Konstantin, I may sound hardheaded sometimes but I have no shame
admitting my past errors - I'm here to learn as much as to doing it :-)

</Steven>