forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: forrestbot: security and trust
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:41:14 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> We are going to do remote project docs building, presumably for Apache
> and non-Apache projects alike (Gump-style). The big difference however
> between Gump and Forrest is that Gump only reports (on a central
> location) and nags, whereas Forrest will distribute its results to other
> locations as well for updating those websites.

Is "remote" really such an important requirement? Don't
the other servers have cron and other infrastructure
or is local building considered to eat up too much
ressources?

If my website was important enough, I'd rather use
local doc building rather than depend on trusted third
parties and the security of machines I don't control.

This doesn't mean forrest shouldn't do remote building.

J.Pietschmann