forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Separate CVS module for docs?
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:31:31 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:

<snip type="ok with nicola's and john's remarks here"/>

> It just feels like we have an overlap of concerns in the current CVS
> setup and docs are a secondary concern. Remote help from Forrest is
> nice, but I'd rather have a Forrest webapp instance (future industrial
> strength documentation framework) within a doc CVS. Otherwise, it just
> gets increasingly complex to see how future enhancements (CMS layers,
> etc.) can be implemented, especially when a dynamic site becomes an option.

+1 on the secondary concern
-1 on the immediate creation of a separate module:

- let's first see what the separate cocoon-docs list produces
- forrest's dtds, infrastructure, bot *and* 'webapp' can be inside
forrest CVS IMO
- if and when we come up with a real webapp (live), I'd prefer to have a
solution that puts the concern of holding the reference source for docs
on a per-project level instead of moving this into the hands of one
superproject/module

we (Marc & I) are working as we speak on remote project building

let's see where *that* gets us before starting yet another thought-train ;-)

</Steven>