forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Stylebook transition
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:33:56 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Very interesting, really very interesting.
> I like the concept a lot; if we can put in semantical stuff and leave
> out the presentational tags, I'm in favor of it.
>
> To our DTD experts, what do you think, is it a viable thing to do?

Technically possible, yes. Viable, maybe: given the amount of
pseudo-attributes and elements that we would want to be skipped in our
own DTDs, I'm not so sure whether I'd be volunteering for this task...

 From my personal experience with XHTML modularization, it is still
quite a venture to re-use only little bits and pieces: it has been
designed in such a way that it is more easy to throw away element/attr
categories from the XHTML namespace, i.e. eradicating <form>-like
elements in your XHTML derivate if you want to. Just including e.g. the
XHTML <table> element inside your own DTD is already quite a task.

But that is IMO.

I'd like to see Joerg's idea about this.

This is not a +1/-1: I'm willing and able to go in both directions, if
that direction is heading forwards :-)

</Steven>