forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Stylebook transition
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:26:27 GMT wrote:
> What *is* the current status of forrest? As an occasional lurker, I'm
> interested to know how forrest is coming along.

Well, currently Forrest is basically an xml-site2 system based on Cocoon.
It does sites and documentation, and also creates .wars that can be used
in a servlet container.

Currently it publishes a test version of the forrest site at every hour (the recent update of the
build system has broken the cron job, I'm investigating).

ATM we are working on two fronts: the creation of the site itself using
Cocoon (with DTDs, topics, structure, libre, etc...) and the integration
with build systems, cron jobs, etc.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -