forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [Poll] Scope confusion?
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2002 06:53:33 GMT
Dear all,

thanks to various remarks from Joerg, Diana and Nicola, I have been
thinking lately that we have three slightly different goals for Forrest.

* xml.apache.org: cross-project website generation with project metrics
(download stats) and common documentation sections
* remote doco building for subscribed projects, Gump-like fashion
* a documentation environment for individual projects which need a solid
framework for local docs generation, and distro docs packaging (think of
PDF here)

Looking at it, it seems like we could manage supporting this three-fold
goal if we step back and recomponentize the different aspects.

But first, I want a general feeling for your private itches. So if both
users, committers and lurkers could step up and tell us what their main
interest in Forrest is? Thanks!

                                  Ballot

           My main interest in Forrest is:

             [  ] building xml.apache.org next generation
             [  ] Gump-style remote doco building
             [  ] industrial strength documentation framework

Regards,

</Steven>