forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Tab Issues (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 23:00:33 GMT
Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
> But I have no idea on how one would create documentation locally. Should we
> ship Forrest as a single jar and place sitemaps inside of it, then access
> them using 'resource://' protocol? Just an idea...

I managed it without forrest through some not so nice
Ant hackery.

BTW I noticed:
     <filter token="link3"             value="forrest"/>
     <filter token="link3.href"        value="http://xml.apache.org/forrest/"/>
and
     <!-- Copy skins -->
     <copy todir="${build.context}/skins/" filtering="on">
       <fileset dir="${documentation.context.dir}/skins">
         <exclude name="**/images/**"/>
       </fileset>
     </copy>
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
String replacement on **XSL** files! Never heard of document()
or other possibilities for aggregation?

And it's dangerous for XML files in general: I'm sure I'll
name my project "ärgh!", have no encoding in the skin XSLT
(defaults to UTF-8), and have a platform Java default encoding
of ISO-8859-1. Guess what happens...

I patched this for FOP, you'll get it as soon as I prepared
the diffs...

J.Pietschmann