forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build targets (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 09:57:48 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Well, build one remotely, build all.
>> I have already made POI's site build remotely, and there are the tasks
>> for it already in the build.
>>
>> Steven knows it, and I assume he will use those to make it work for
>> Cocoon.
>

> Yep, the idea is to generate Ant build.xml snippets using XSLT starting
> from the forrest.xconf file and then include those using XML entities,
> the Ant or your new Import Task in the main build environment. I'm
> biased towards the Ant 'Ant' Task right now, since I assume it is
> working already and offers some isolation between the different projects
> being build by Forrest. But I would be happy to switch to another
> approach if someone suggests me to do so.

Templating.
Download Centipede beta2 and look in antipede.xtarget at how we download
the cents.

But that's a second step, it's easy.

What we need to do know is to tweak the poi site creation targets to
work with Cocoon.
Then I'll do the rest, I've already done it's really easy.

It's testing the process for the first projects that takes time, that's
what needs testing.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -