forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Target Date Issues (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 08:56:57 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:

> <steven>
> As I said, the documents seem pretty well shaped up. When do you plan to
> make the transition to v11 DTDs? Or would you still be using the upgrade
> XSLT?
> </steven>
>
> I guess it boils down to a skin issue, doesn't it. When I did the
> original conversion, I added Cocoon docs to the Forrest CVS. I'll report
> back, after I try it the other way. Seems to me there will be issues
> with existing XSLTs, but let me find out.

Nitpicking on terminology: a skin should only be responsible for
rendition concerns, doing pre-publishing/skinning transformations should
not be part of a 'skin' but of a project-specific pipeline, IF we allow
people to use Forrest without adopting 'our' DTDs.

Your comments, please - I know this might sound harsh but I don't want
to be everything for everybody.

</Steven>