forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Build targets (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 08:01:18 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Well, build one remotely, build all.
> I have already made POI's site build remotely, and there are the tasks
> for it already in the build.
>
> Steven knows it, and I assume he will use those to make it work for Cocoon.

Yep, the idea is to generate Ant build.xml snippets using XSLT starting
from the forrest.xconf file and then include those using XML entities,
the Ant or your new Import Task in the main build environment. I'm
biased towards the Ant 'Ant' Task right now, since I assume it is
working already and offers some isolation between the different projects
being build by Forrest. But I would be happy to switch to another
approach if someone suggests me to do so.

</Steven>