forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: tools for creating xml-content?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:02:39 GMT wrote:

> hi,
> to create content, we would like to use the Forrest-dtd's.

That's cool.

> My question is, which tools do you use to create content.

For actual text writing, I use Softquad XMetal, which supports the OASIS
catalogs, too. If you are on a low budget, you might as well have a look
at XMLMind XXE, not sure whether the XML support is as comprehensive as
XMetal's, however.

XMetal has a spell-checker and uses CSS to style XML documents offering
a WYSIWYG-like view instead of the usual pointy-bracket syntax.

Steven Noels