forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Branch Issues (was: Re: Need todo list for Cocoon transition)
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 16:43:20 GMT
Next, branches:

<diana>
How do we address the differences between different versions of Cocoon
in branches. Currently docs builds in HEAD are created with Cocoon 2.1;
release uses 2.0.3. Will these differences affect Forrest-generated
builds? Remember, we still need to have users be able to build their own
docs from local cvs repositories based on multiple branches, don't we?
</diana>

<steven>
there's no concept of CVS branches inside project.xtarget right now, but
it should be possible to add those and run Forrest across both
branches - something we should add to the forrest.xconf descriptor, I
guess.
</steven>

Suggestion:
Would it easier/faster -- for starters -- to test automated Forrest
builds against Cocoon release branch only? If we're only talking about
the web site (and not distro doc builds) we don't need separate branch
builds via Forrest.

Diana