forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Need todo list for Cocoon transition
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:27:56 GMT
I'm still a little confused about what exactly remains for Cocoon to
begin its transition to Forrest. Can someone please enlighten me by
helping to complete a todo list? I thought David and I had trudged
through most of the hard work already. I feel good about the state of
the docs. I'm psyched to get going with Forrest and its promise. So,
what remains to do?

Seems to me:

1. Skin has to be decided by cocoon-dev, right? If so, shouldn't we get
this process started on cocoon-dev?
2. Build targets need to be added to address all of Cocoon's current
builds.
3. Cocoon CVS needs some revisions
   - add forrest.xgump
   - add build facilities and targets
   - ? Is the Forrest CVS adapting to Cocoon CVS structure or vice versa?
4. Tab decisions (IMO these could wait).
5. URISpace decisions (IMO these could also wait)
... what else?

Issues
How do we address the differences between different versions of Cocoon
in branches. Currently docs builds in HEAD are created with Cocoon 2.1;
release uses 2.0.3. Will these differences affect Forrest-generated
builds? Remember, we still need to have users be able to build their own
docs from local cvs repositories based on multiple branches, don't we?

Target Date
I'd like to complete this before 2.1 beta of Cocoon. Is it feasible?

Even if we can't automate the web site updates yet, we could still
transition to the necessary architecture, correct? Honestly, I'd prefer
to continue with manual updates until we arrive at a comfort zone with
all transition issues.

Thanks for your guidance.

Diana