forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <>
Subject Re: tools for creating xml-content?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 20:17:07 GMT
From: <>
> hi,
> to create content, we would like to use the Forrest-dtd's.
> My question is, which tools do you use to create content.
> I know, developers use XmlSpy and co, but normal authors, which don't know
> syntax of xml?? What tool do you suggest for normal users or authors?

XML Spy (4.3+) can be configured for normal text editing using document
configurations, but that configuration creation tools are weak and creating
a configuration for Forrest dtd's and skins would be not easy.

But, e.g. in our company, document writers prefer to create documents in M$
Word. (If I search on my HDD then I'd find some tools for XML generation
from Word files and a pair of stylesheets for rendering them as HTML, but
it's not applicable in your case).

> Thank you for your help.
> Bye
> Volker.