forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Tabs and menu (was: RE: bert skin added)
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 07:25:25 GMT
On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Bert Van Kets wrote:

> Thanks David.
> I'm working on the menu and tabs now.  The problem I'm having is in knowing
> what file is selected in the sub menu's.  Seems the Cocoon site is still
> having the same problem.
>
> Steven, is your "book.xml on steroids" coping with this problem, or need I
> go further on this?

the idea would be to pass the current request URI as a parameter to the
book2menu.xsl (nothing special, you get the picture). Why not move the
tabs in a separate pipeline, too, with an accompagnying book2tabs.xsl.

Using the steroid stuff, we'd move from book.xml to libre.xml - I'll
commit a sample of its current configuration this afternoon. We're still
in the process of deciding where libre should go, since it has a scope
which is broader then forrest/cocoon - it could be possible we post it at
SF and include a libre.jar in forrest.

> The Tabs have the same problem.  It's not clear to me whether tabs span a
> sub-directory or a certain number of book.xml files.  I'll have to check
> the archives, unless someone can fill me in here.
> What's the selection criteria for the tab?  The most obvious one is "the
> user selected it", but that needs to be stored somewhere.  Where????

An extra pipeline to start with IMO. I need to run right now, but maybe
the top level directories in src/documentation/content/xdocs should be
reflected as tabs... opinions on this?

</Steven>