forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: Project Deliverables List ?
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:21:03 GMT
First lesson: don't do HTML mail on mailing lists ;-)

<ruedi>
A graphical representation of the system showing its major components
(inputs, main function, outputs) and their collaboration could be of
value for newbie navigation. Are you interested in getting a draft to
show what I mean and documenting my understanding so far?
</ruedi>

Yes, please! Seriously! We all like pictures!

<ruedi>
Do you think it's useless to know at least the names, the purpose and
the attributes of the project work products?
</ruedi>

No. But we don't have a full vision on the deliverables (or 'project
work products' as you seem to call them). And perhaps we will never
have. The next thing you'll be asking is a resource/task list ;-)

Being a fledgling project, I consider Forrest being reasonable
documented already - we could perhaps do with an update of the todo list
and some new people contributing to the project however ;-)

<ruedi>
I'm learning about the way the community works. I'll come back with some
feedback.
</ruedi>

Again, please do so - you're absolutely welcome. Within my perception of
the world, I think we are a small but friendly community.

<ruedi>
And I'm interested to learn about OpenSource development anyway.
</ruedi>

I like the fact you consider OSS being something which should be
'learned'. It's just so true: there are many more small
incompatibilities between closed and open source development than one
would think off at first sight.

</Steven>