forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [vote] Bert Van Kets as a Forrest Committer
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:09:37 GMT
Dear all,

after careful consideration and deliberation, and after consultation of
Bert himself, during which he expressed his sincere commitment for
continued contribution to Forrest, I thought... hell, he deserves it,
and he will learn to do an even better job given commit access and an
apache.org address to handle with respect to our community spirit. The
fact he hasn't contributed any patches yet doesn't weigh in against the
amount of new stuff he contributed.

I take the liberty (sorry) of quoting one of the private comments that
finally dropped my reservations:

<quote>
My position is simple: I like Bert's attitude very much. Humble yet
effective. Enjoys constructive criticism because he's willing to learn
and his ego doesn't blind him.
</quote>

Hopefully, this is also a big motivational boost to Bert - because
there's still lots of work to do ;->

So here goes:

 [  ] - Nicola Ken Barozzi (nicolaken@apache.org)
 [  ] - David Crossley (crossley@apache.org)