forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Hung vote [was: RE: [vote] on titles being elements or attributes]
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 14:15:23 GMT
Dear all,

Ballots so far + my majority +1 vote:

Should titles be child elements of sections, or remain attributes with
the section element within the v11 DTD's?

           |    element   |    attribute
--------------------------|-------------------
forrest    |    David     |    Nicola
committer  |    Steven    |    Konstantin
           |    Carlos    |
           |    Andrew    |
user       |    Bert      |
           |    Diana     |
           |    Ivelin    |

Given the fact Nicola has agreed the community to be part of this vote,
I assume we know what to do right now. Since contributors/non-committers
normally have no binding vote however, so we are still stuck w.r.t. the
'official' decision process
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html). We need one more extra
Forrest committer to vote on this, if we play by the rules (and we
should, IMO - this is cross-project stuff and certainly will cause
emotions with people transitioning their doco to our new DTD's, so we
should decide on this according 'the book').

John? Stefano?

</Steven>