forrest-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: wholesale document validation
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:35:53 GMT

Yep. This is the way the code works, as the original author I had an itch
to scratch, and didn't use catalog files. So if you can live with declaring
your entity catalog as <xmlcatalog> data types, and using refid in your
build file steps to refer to them, you can do entity validation locally as
well.

Craeg picked it up and used the catalog support in xml-commons resolver.
However support for catalog files is not there as Stefan says.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

                    Stefan Bodewig

                    <bodewig@apach       To:     forrest-dev@xml.apache.org

                    e.org>               cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: wholesale document validation

                    06/13/02 09:26

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to forrest-dev

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Steven Noels <stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:

> I thought this was only some basic pre-refactoring,

I'm not directly involved with this code, but the nested <xmlcatalog>
elements of <xmlvalidate> will be registered as EntityResolvers and it
will look up the entity in what you've specified as nested elements.

I guess what you need (and what is missing for now) is support for
external catalogs.

And of course, Craeg knows far better than me - patch by next week
will certainly be too late for Ant 1.5 BTW.

Stefan