forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: import of xml.apache.org main site into forrest
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:44:32 GMT
> From: Diana Shannon [mailto:terracare@mac.com]
> On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 06:37  AM, Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
>
> > Is there a vision on how another design/layout can be used for site
> > generation without using some specific markup or something
> more advanced
> > than the document-v11-dtd? Isn't it for documents and not sites?
>
> It's my recent understanding that
>
>    <xsl:template match="node()|@*" priority="-1">
>      <xsl:copy>
>        <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
>        <xsl:apply-templates/>
>      </xsl:copy>
>    </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> within document2html.xsl copies xhtml elements that are not
> explicitly
> handled in the document-v11.dtd. I've tried this and it
> works, e.g., for
> forms. Sorry for my probably naive question: how would you
> validate docs
> which contain such elements?

Validation is performed by the parser which knows nothing about the
processing stylesheet but using a DTD or some other schema to check elements
and attributes. Is that what you are asking about?

My idea was to use some other format, say site.dtd to describe the content
of the site and not only its documentation. This can require some specific
markup for several parts, additional pipelines (or better sub-sitemaps) that
handle those parts of the site, etc.

Konstantin