forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: bert skin added
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:28:56 GMT
> From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]
> >
> <snip/>
>

> > > Let's just put them on the main page like Stefano did for the
> > > Cocoon site:
> > > http://xml.apache.org/cocoon .
> > >
> > > Bert, can you come up with a location that is a bit more
> > > integrated in the
> > > page than just making them sit on the bottom line?
> >
> >What about a location under the menu? They can be placed
> there vertically
> >aligned and there is a lot of place to add more ads like that.
>
> I thought we agreed to put them on the first page only
> instead of on every
> page (hint from Stefano).  If so, then the link to the images
> moves from
> the site2html.xsl to index.xml.  Of course, using some XPath,
> I can add the
> images underneath the menu, but what is the point if they are
> only going to
> be on the first page?

It's Ok with me. It was just a proposal. We can change it if we find a
better location (say a special page 'Technologies') for them.

> I'm doing the tabs right now, but you can see the logo's at
> the right side,
> first page only on www.dream-models.com/xml-forrest.  I
> discussed this with
> a web designer and she agreed with me that putting the logo's
> at the bottom
> right was the best place.

I've took a look at the page and keeping in mind that it can be a
work-in-progress, I want to point to some minor things:
	- I thought that we agreed to change 'apache : xml.apache' to the
original 'apache > xml.apache', aren't we?
	- the icon used for the sections (a yellow square) was supposed to
indicate only the current page along with a yellowish colored link, for the
selected menu were used another color (see page.html, you know where).
	- fonts in menu and content seem to me larger than it was supposed
to be

Keep up the good work!

Konstantin