forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: Tabs
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:14:55 GMT
> From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]
>
> I'm building the tab system.
> The tabs need to point to a certain directory.  Since the
> root of the site
> is a subdirectory I need to set relative links to the root of
> the site.
> for example
> home = "/forrest/"
> how-tos = "/forrest/community/howto/"
>
> To be able to do this I must know the directory where the
> site will be
> deployed.  What ANT parameter do I need to use to get this
> done?  How do I
> implement it?  Can I just add @build.dir@ to my stylesheet?

Would you tell more on how are you going to implement that? Where are you
going to get the names of the tabs? It's not a good idea to have names of
the tabs the same as directory names. And I'd like to have an URI space that
isn't bound to the file system structure.

A while ago were proposed a site.xml (or it was index.xml?) that would carry
all the needed things for either the 'global-path' (apache > xml.apache >
project) or the tabs, menus, etc - something like a topic map, but nothing
yet done in that direction.

Regarding the path: you can use a sitemap parameter and pass it to your
stylesheet. But I think that we must find a better solution without a need
to specify the context directory.

Konstantin