forrest-dev mailing list archives

From car...@cvc.edu (Carlos)
Subject [RT] building a page database and a related thought
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 21:14:44 GMT
Good afternoon:

One facility I would like to see in Forrest is a way to have summaries of
content in one central place so if I'm looking for something I can go to one
place and browse summaries/abstracts before jumping into a specific page of
content if I think that's what I'm looking for.

What this would require is a DTD to define the structure of the summary
page, a way to aggregate the information from different pages and an XSLT
stylesheet to convert it to HTML. What do people think? Is this something
other people would be interested in?

Carlos

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.