forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject RE: Multilingual sites
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:43:07 GMT
At 14:11 17/06/2002 +0400, you wrote:
> > From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]
> > Steven Noels wrote:

> > especially if I
> > >
> > > strong +1
>
>+1 from me too on this

+1 from me too
I tried keeping a site updated with three languages in each file.  I
succeeded in keeping it up for at least 2 months ;-)
I got tired of looking up the correct language part time and time again.

>  <snip/>
>

> > Well, in my case, the writer for both french and english versions is
> > likely to be the same person.

No so in our company.  Our native language is Dutch, so translations are
done by people who keep their skills for the specific language up to date.

Bert