forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: CVS: line-endings UNIX/DOS
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 07:00:42 GMT
At 12:16 7/06/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>I think that i have found one cause of the line-endings
>problem. The new files that Steven committed yesterday
>have dos line endings. These were received directly from
>someone on a Windows system. I gather that committers need
>to verify new files before 'cvs add' them.
>
>When i deal with a patch, then i look at the diffs with my
>text-editor which immediately shows that it needs dos2unix.
>I do this regardless, because i am not clear whether
>the 'patch' program deals with mixed line-endings.
>Does anyone know?
>
>I just fixed the few files that were added yesterday.

Thanks David.
The files do originate from me.  I'm using a Win2K system (for the time
being).  The files were submitted by Steven.
I am going to migrate to cygWin and when I solve my ADSL modem problem to
Suse Linux 7.3.  I will take extra care of the CR/LF problem when the move
to the new OS/system has been done.  I'm starting to dislike Windows as an
open source development platform :(

>However, i do not know whether this new image needs
>some attention:
>  src/resources/skins/bert/images/label.gif

Since this is a binary file, I don't think so.
Bert