forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject CVS diff problem
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:39:33 GMT
I am getting pretty frustrated here.
I am trying to make a diff patch with winCVS v1.2
The procedure described below worked, bu I get an access error now.

I do a anoncvs login without any problems (I can do a checkout)
I select the directory that contains the distribution
I type "cvs diff -u" and press enter
This normally gives me a diff of the distribution
The only thing I get now is:

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

/home/cvspublic
: no such repository
cvs diff: authorization failed: server cvs.apache.org rejected access to
/home/cvspublic
  for user anoncvs
cvs diff: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

I have tried a lot of things including changing Internet connection and
rebooting several times.
Does anybody else have this authentication problem?

Bert