forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject RE: bert skin added
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:07:04 GMT
At 14:28 5/06/2002 +0400, you wrote:
> > From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@vankets.com]
> > >
> > <snip/>

> > >What about a location under the menu? They can be placed
> > there vertically
> > >aligned and there is a lot of place to add more ads like that.
> >
> > I thought we agreed to put them on the first page only
> > instead of on every
> > page (hint from Stefano).  If so, then the link to the images
> > moves from
> > the site2html.xsl to index.xml.  Of course, using some XPath,
> > I can add the
> > images underneath the menu, but what is the point if they are
> > only going to
> > be on the first page?
>
>It's Ok with me. It was just a proposal. We can change it if we find a
>better location (say a special page 'Technologies') for them.
>

> > I'm doing the tabs right now, but you can see the logo's at
> > the right side,
> > first page only on www.dream-models.com/xml-forrest.  I
> > discussed this with
> > a web designer and she agreed with me that putting the logo's
> > at the bottom
> > right was the best place.
>
>I've took a look at the page and keeping in mind that it can be a
>work-in-progress, I want to point to some minor things:
>         - I thought that we agreed to change 'apache : xml.apache' to the
>original 'apache > xml.apache', aren't we?

Still needed to do that.
Hold on ....
Done

>         - the icon used for the sections (a yellow square) was supposed to
>indicate only the current page along with a yellowish colored link, for the
>selected menu were used another color (see page.html, you know where).

I replaced it because the chapter icon (a triangle) indicates a dynamic
menu.  I needed an alternative and the page icon was already available.

>         - fonts in menu and content seem to me larger than it was supposed
>to be

Done, I've set them to 12px (fixed for the moment till I sort the cascading
out) which is the same as size=2 at a normal font setting.

Check the result at www.dream-models.com/xml-forrest

>Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Bert

P.S. I'm having problems with the line feeds.  I need to do a checkout
using the -kb parameter to convert the Unix LF to Windows CR/LF.  When I do
a diff, the whole file is in there :((
If I don't use the -kb the original bert skin files contain 1 very long
line.  Only the site2html.xsl file has been edited and now contains two CR/LFs!
How can I solve this?
Man I really need to move to some *nix version.